whatever, whenever, wherever

17 November 2014

On my boyfriend's birthday, we went to Duck & Waffle for breakfast! He hadn't been there before so I thought I'd make it a little extra special and book a table for breakfast during sunrise. So there we were, 6:30am in the morning, still half asleep. It was too early in the morning to have a proper breakfast, but being the people that we are... we went for one anyway! 

I opted for the Ox Cheek Benedict, and David opted for the classic Duck & Waffle. We armed our options with sausages and hash browns for sides, and washed it all down with some tea. Mine was the tastiest eggs benedict that I've ever had! Perfectly poached eggs combined with the ox cheek was a great combo. The sriracha sauce makes all the difference too! David wasn't too wowed by his duck & waffle but I think he just expected too much from it. I've tried it before and I thought it was just as tasty as the first time. Those hash browns were amazing though, mmm!

The atmosphere in there is so lovely and calm in the morning and the views are amazing. It's nice to see the city wake up from high up there. Well, that's one ticked off the bucket list :).

Food: 4/5
Atmosphere: 5/5
Service: 5/5
Value: 4/5



-
Duck & Waffle
Heron Tower
110 Bishopsgate
London
EC2N 4AY


8 comments:

  1. What a view!! It sounds like you had a wonderful time! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful view! This is definitely added to my London-Wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing, I've always heard about this place from bloggers/ vloggers. You're blog is so lovely and aesthetically pleasing :) Just wondering what camera/ lens do you use to take your photos (because they are amazing)!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks delicious! and so cute to go for sunrise :)


    http://heyprettything.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awrr thank you! Most of the photos on my blog are taken on my Olympus pen EPL5 with the kit lens (14-42mm II) and sometimes I use my Canon 1000D with the 50mm f/1.8 lens :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha yeah, thanks for stopping by! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the mood of your photographs. must've been a really lovely day!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © + whatsupjub | Powered by Blogger
Premade Blogger Template by Atelier 21